¡Bienvenidos a Sevilla!

Ovie Ojeni

We made it!  Our Global Discovery Session 1 group has arrived safe and sound in Sevilla, Spain on Sunday morning and seems to be settling in quite nicely. 

During orientation we spent time having informational sessions, energetic and fun icebreakers, and of course cooling off from the Sevilla Sun with ice cream. The info sessions were conducted online given the nature of COV19 but we were led by incredible site staff members, who live and work full time in Sevilla with CIEE. They provided tips and Q & A for topics such as program goals, rules, health and safety, culture shock, and homestays. They also got to meet their professors and talk about the expectations and guidelines for each class. Later we guided the students around the city and had them participate in a photo competition to see who could take the best photo while exploring Sevilla. 
 On Tuesday, during our walking tour of the neighborhood,  we pointed out convenience stores, important landmarks, the best ice cream shops, and shared other tips for navigating the area around the homestays. Though our days were jam-packed, it was great witnessing laughter, admiration, and joy as students explored the city becoming familiar it, but most importanly  with each another.  
 With the first three days of class in the book and a promising beach day trip to Cadíz later this week, Session 1 is off to a great start