Who Am I?

Marina T.

We did a call to action looking for dedicated Internship USA and Career Training USA participants from around the world who wanted to capture their upcoming U.S. experience and share it with the rest of us. Through pictures, video and text, these bloggers will share their story - from the day they arrive in the U.S. to the end of their internship or training program. We hope you enjoy following along!

Hello all, I am really excited to start writting a little bit about this new chapter in my life, but first things first, I should probably tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Marina, I'm 29 years old and I am an architect from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I love exploring new places and meeting new people. In the past I have lived in New Zealand for six months and Italy for one year. Currently I am living in Portland, Oregon and I couldn't be happier! I am working as a trainee for a small architectural firm called William Wilson Architect and I've been learning a lot about architecture and also American culture in general. I am definitely going to share a little bit of all that with you soon. I also love getting to know new places, both within the city and out in the woods, so some posts will be related to that. Hopefully I will be able to help you understand how it is like living somewhere new and encourage anyone out there looking to get out of their comfort zone and explore a new culture. Welcome to my journey!

Make sure to check the Exchanges Blog regularly to read more about Marina's experience!

For more information on the CIEE Professional Career Training USA program, please visit our website.