First Year Abroad
Complete your first year of college abroad
Your First Year Of College, An Unforgettable Adventure Abroad
Take courses with CIEE local instructors and enjoy amazing cultural excursions. Best-in-class student safety, secure and high-quality housing, and hands-on onsite support all ensure that your first year of college is the most incredible experience abroad.
Choose from a variety of 1000-2000 level courses (3-4 credits):
- Languages: French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish
- Arts: Intro to Studio Art, Music Appreciation, and Art History
- Social Sciences: World History, Cultural Geography, and Intro to Psychology
- Business: Principles of Management, Microeconomics, and Macroeconomics
- Math: Intro to Statistics, College Algebra, and Calculus
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Environmental Science
- Plus, English Composition, Computer Science, Digital Photography, and many more!
Tuition & Scholarships
Tuition, program, and enrollment fees as low as $17,000
- Scholarships available via CIEE and financial aid available at our academic home and school of record, Dean College*
You’re a high school senior who wants to be a global citizen. In college, make that your top priority. Do it first.
Make your international education your first priority, and stay on track to graduate in four years. Earn 12-13 college credits from our academic home and school of record, Dean College*. Then, choose one of three paths towards your degree.
Take your First Year Abroad, then:
Go on to earn your degree at our academic home and school of record, Dean College*
Apply to a CIEE partner college or university to ease the transfer credit process
Use your international experience to impress the admissions team at the dream school of your choice
You put your international education first. We put you first.
For more than 75 years, CIEE has demonstrated a proven track record for helping high school and college students explore new cultures, learn new skills, and achieve their academic goals within a diverse portfolio of high-quality programs. It's why we have a network of 300+ college and university partners. Our Center Directors are seasoned international education professionals and CIEE’s Health, Safety, and Security team is an industry leader in risk assessment, mitigation, staff training, and duty of care standards.
*Pending approval by the New England Commission of Higher Education.