Help high school students, share traditions and perspectives, change lives and ultimately build a better world by fostering peace amongst our future leaders!
We Love What We Do!
CIEE is the oldest and largest nonprofit cultural exchange and study abroad organization in the U.S. But we are more than just a company; we are also parents, travelers, and lifelong students of the world. From this experience, we have designed High School USA to be the type of program we would want for our own children: one that encourages cultural curiosity, empowers students to discover who they are, and prepares them to live in a multicultural world. Our students emerge from their year in the U.S. with the confidence to achieve their goals and chase their dreams. They are the future leaders, who will bring the world together and nurture peace, which is more important now than ever.
As a Local Coordinator for CIEE High School USA, you will play a critical role in the program – from matching volunteer host families with students from all around the world, to supporting these relationships throughout their exchange journey, ensuring a safe and welcoming experience. As a CIEE LC, you will be making connections and building bridges that will have a lifetime impact.
Your work will have a real meaning, it will matter, and you will make a difference in the world.
- Create your own schedule?
- Help international students in your community find their home away from home?
- Earn up to $1100 per student placement and up to 3 international trips annually (to Mexico, Italy and/or Iceland!)
Who are Local Coordinators?
Are you creative, patient, persistent, a superior problem solver, a great communicator and see situations objectively?
If you answered “yes” then this opportunity is THE PERFECT FIT for you, so keep reading!
What you’ll do
Local Coordinators are our friendly, neighborhood superheroes - as an LC you will:
- Recruit host families in your area
- Help students find their home away from home
- Provide support and guidance to students and host families
- Build and maintain relationships with your local high schools
- Serve as a liaison between students, families, schools and CIEE support staff
2. Complete a self-recorded video interview and wait to hear back from our team.Apply Today
Why CIEE Local Coordinators Love Their Jobs!
What People are Saying
"The fortune in my fortune cookie last night read ‘A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.’ My first thought was how proud I am to work for CIEE."Melissa W., Regional Director, Texas
"By just opening up one point of view at a time, we began to make the whole community more cohesive."Cathy C., Local Coordinator, Indiana
At a glance, we were captivated by the huge smiles of the photos our Local Coordinator showed us and eagerly called to say "YES…we want to be a host family!"Cindy J., host parent, Kentucky