Hire Camp Counselors
Counselors Your Kids Will Remember Forever
Connecting Camps and International Counselors for Valuable Cultural Exchange
We partner with American summer camps to provide a unique, transformative cultural exchange experience for campers and counselors alike. Through a simple, seamless recruiting process, we match your camp with high-quality international participants to serve as camp counselors. Not only do you get access to counselors with the specific skills and experience you’re looking for, you also add diversity and an international perspective to camp life.
We work hard to understand your camp’s unique staffing needs based on your mission, goals, campers, and preferences. We’ll supply you with the best counselors for your hard-to-fill positions, from activity specialists with advanced skills to cabin counselors with extensive experience working with kids.
CIEE Camp Exchange USA Services:
- Seamless recruitment – we recruit the highest quality international participants that have the skills and experience your camp needs.
- Informed selection – we select only the most appropriate candidates for you to review and hire following a rigorous screening process.
- Full visa sponsorship – we sponsor all of our participants’ visas and help each with the entire visa application process including completing paperwork and scheduling interviews.
- Complete participant preparation – we prepare our participants for their roles as experiential educators, role models, and leaders through orientations in their home countries, in-depth self assessments, and full staff training.
- Comprehensive participant support – we provide participants with complete support, from comprehensive travel insurance to an arrival Meet & Greet in the U.S. to 24-hour in-country support
The CIEE Difference
At CIEE, we have more than 65 years of experience helping students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world. We’re more than just the world leader in international education and exchange—we’re also the largest J-1 visa sponsor in the U.S.
Today, we bring thousands of international students to the U.S. each year to work alongside Americans and immerse themselves in American culture. Truly unique and valuable experiences, these high-quality programs transform the lives of those who dare to leave their comfort zones—and our alumni go on to change the world.
CIEE Camp Exchange USA is just one more way we’re creating transformative cultural exchange experiences for international and American participants around the world.
By partnering with CIEE Camp Exchange USA, you'll have access to
65 Years of Experience – we have the global reach and expertise to create a set of camp experiences for campers and participants that captures the best of international exchange.
Authentic Cultural Exchange – we provide an unrivaled cultural exchange experience focused on helping international and American counselors and campers gain an understanding of and appreciation for diversity.
High-Quality Participants – we accept and prepare participants for a successful program based on CIEE’s core values: excellence, integrity, respect, collaboration, and innovation.
Regulatory Expertise – we maintain a close relationship with the U.S. Department of State and are experts in all regulatory guidelines to ensure successful cultural exchange.
Focus on Experiential Education – we believe cultural exchange should be about learning by doing for all participants: developing skills, exploring strengths and weaknesses, and discovering a new culture.
Unparalleled Support – we provide participants and camps with unparalleled support, from recruitment to participants’ return trip home, to ensure a fun, safe, and rewarding exchange experience.
Meet One of Our Great Counselors
Camp Director LoginLogin to Camp Exchange USA Portal here
Login to Camp Exchange USA Portal hereCamp Director Login
CIEE Camp Exchange USA Participants
With the help of our experienced overseas agents, we recruit international students and professionals who have the maturity, experience, and teaching skills to meet the demands required of them at camp. Our goal: to provide you with participants who are specifically prepared for the leadership roles they are undertaking.
CIEE Camp Exchange USA participants are:
- Role models – we recruit the highest quality participants who have demonstrated leadership skills and knowledge and specific and extensive experience working with kids. We also provide the tools and the training they need to successfully serve as experiential educators, mentors, and leaders to the kids in their care.
- Ready for the exchange experience – we prepare our participants for life in America through in-depth orientations, self-assessments that offer a glimpse into strengths and weaknesses, and full training at camp. Plus, we support participants throughout the exchange experience with 24/7 in-country support and comprehensive travel insurance.
- Recruited based on a wide range of skills – we select Camp Exchange USA participants with extensive experience in an array of skills and activities from countries like Australia, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
We’re here to ensure you and your participants have a successful summer season. To help you in this effort, here are links to important resources from our knowledge base, including insurance, regulatory guidelines, and social security information.
For current Exchange Visitor Program regulations governing the Camp Counselor and Summer Work Travel visa categories, please refer to the following links: