Develop practical business skills and understand various aspects of the sports industry. Come home ready to take the next steps on your sports management journey.
Credentials For Your Future
Topics for your college essays, experience to inform your future career, and your own sports business plan showing off your ideas.
Life Skills And New Friendships
Return with greater self-confidence, independence, and improved communication and leadership skills. Enjoy a broader worldview and diverse friendships from across the U.S.
Hours Of Expert Instruction
Weeks Pursuing Your Passion
Welcome to Barcelona, where the Mediterranean meets a rich soccer heritage and multiple winning sports teams.
When you think Barcelona, you think soccer. The city is home to professional soccer clubs that have rocked the sport in Spain and around the world: FC Barcelona and RCD Espanyol—and that’s both their men’s and women’s teams! Yet, while soccer remains the big star, the sports scene offers so much more—the professional basketball, rugby, swim, hockey, and handball teams all dominate within their respective leagues, too.
More than a mere form of entertainment, sports have been a gamechanger for the economy. Afterall, much of the city’s present-day identity is due to the 1992 Olympics. Each year, millions of visitors arrive to soak in the sun at La Barceloneta beach, admire Gaudi’s modernist buildings, and taste delicious dishes, which became recognized worldwide following the games.
Barcelona’s status as a soccer capital, along with its international vibe, will provide you with unique insights and networking opportunities, letting you discover the allure of Spain’s second largest metropolis.
CIEE wants all our students to feel welcomed, supported, and empowered to succeed while studying abroad. Local CIEE staff have provided details about conditions and cultural attitudes that students with specific identities might encounter in Barcelona.
For the last two weekends, students have had the opportunity to visit Empuries, the site of ancient Greek and Roman ruins. On the same day, they spent some time kayaking... keep reading
Just imagine all the fun you’ll have!
- At the Camp Nou Museum, take a virtual reality tour and trace the history of the world-famous FC Barcelona, established in 1899.
- Play a game of beach volleyball at the Barceloneta. Bike along the Passeig Marítim, a promenade constructed for the 1992 Olympic Games.
- Work your culinary magic at a Spanish tapas workshop. Make your own patatas bravas and tortilla española.
- Bask in the brilliance of one of the greatest architects of the 20th century, Antoni Gaudi, on a tour of La Sagrada Familia.
- Get a tour of the different player rooms inside the stadium of the RCD Espanyol, one of the most respected football clubs in Spain.
Please note activities are based on past programs and subject to change at CIEE's discretion to adapt to local circumstances and participant feedback. Our goal when arranging activities is always to enhance your experience.
Dates & Fees
- Participants must be 14 years old and above.
- Program open to all current high school students: Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.
- For scholarship eligibility requirements, please check our scholarship page.
For more information, refer to the detailed Program Essential Eligibility Criteria.
Program scholarships and tuition include iNext Travel Insurance, but do not cover the cost of flights. Find additional details about what’s included with your tuition.
|Program Summer Session I 2024 3 weeks
|Program Summer Session II 2024 3 weeks