Waterfalls & Ziplines in Monteverde!

Women for Environmental Action

Brittany Sumner
Ziplining Through the Jungle

We started off our weekend with a 2-hour zipline tour through the jungle. It was a great opportunity for us to explore the upper canopy of the jungles here in Monteverde! Our guides were nice and made sure everyone felt comfortable before zipping through the clouds. They even had a Tarzan swing, where you jumped off a platform and free fell before it turned into a giant swing in the forest!

Photo for blog post Waterfalls & Ziplines in Monteverde!
Hidden Valley Farm Tour

We left the ziplining to check out, Hidden Valley farm, a local permaculture farm, and eco-lodge.  Hidden Valley offers experiences in ecological design, renewable energy, and permaculture all while being right next to a protected forest. We had a tour of the gardens, were taught about worm composting, and learned about how anyone can practice permaculture and the different practices. After our tour, we visited their farm-to-table café and had some yummy food and smoothies!

El Tigre Waterfalls!

The next day we went to check out the El Tigre waterfalls! We hiked to see 4 different waterfalls all along one trail, but luckily when we made it to the very bottom there were horses waiting for us to ride back up on! Some of the students enjoyed a nice dip in the water below the biggest waterfall.