The most expected trip - Post by PL Zaazil Cabreja

Spanish Language & Mexican Culture

Flor Peraza

On July 24th we went to Chichen Itzá, one of the most anticipated trips of this program, because this archeological zone is  one of the newest seven wonders of the world!

The trip began pretty early in the morning, at 8:00 am. It took about 2 hours to get there, once we arrived, the students were split in groups. These groups  learned about the  Mayan culture. They had local tourist guides, they explain to the students why Chichen Itzá is now a wonder of the world, The also talked about the "juego de pelota", how to play it, how the field was built and painted and he showed  them an original mayan ball made by rubber. After the explanation, students had some free time to buy some souvenirs and practice how to "regatear" (bargain) with the local sellers to get better prices.

After visiting Chichen Itza, we went to the cenote Xcanjum where we ate at a delicious buffet. After some time the students were ready to swim! 
They had a great time swimming at the cenote and some of them even jumped off the plataform to dive into the water. 
The students were really happy enjoying the yucatecan nature and they can't wait to have new exciting experiences!