Last Week in Alicante

Eblin Molina

What an amazing last week! This has been a very busy week (not that the previous 3 weeks weren't). The students are tired, but that hasn't interfere with their learning or their excitement to participate in all the activities that have been planned.

On Monday, they interviewed our visitors to learn about their careers and professions. The conversations were very lively and our students were very attentive and asked questions that were smart and interesting. Our visitors were impressed on their level of comfort having conversations in Spanish! Well done!

On Tuesday, we headed to the beach for an aftertoon of water sports. Not everybody was an expert on paddle boarding; however, everybody was brave enough to give it a try.

On Wednesday, students put on their dancing shoes and took a lesson on the most representative dance of Spain: Flamenco. Wow! The steps and the 'clapping' are not easy, but it was a lot of fun to try. At the end of the class, they were able to perform some nice flamenco moves.