¡Goooooool!

Spanish Language & Argentinian Culture

Eblin Molina

Fútbol (Soccer) is one of the biggest passions for Argentinians. It is part of their daily life and they are very proud of the great fútbol figures they have given to the world, Maradona and Messi. Let's not forget that they are the world champions!

Our students had the opportunity to spend an afternoon in canchas de fútbol playing against their peers and enjoying the excitement of this great sport. The matches were intense and all the players gave it all in the field. This was a chilly winter afternoon that turned into a heated one just a few minutes after the matches began. There was a "let's play just for fun" group and a "we are soccer players" group; however, while the matches were happening, everybody was so immersed in the game that they all ended playing amazingly. Their competitive side kicked in and they all played together in each team to come up with strategies that could help them score the so wanted goals. It was a lot of fun to see all of them having a great time and celebrating every time the ball went into the net.

Sadly, as it is normally the case, even though they all tried hard, there was only one team that was crowned champion. Congratulations to the winners!