El fin

Danielle Mason

Danielle Mason

It has been a whirlwind of a week. The end of the program really snuck up on us as we were busy visiting the Prado Museum, finishing up our workshops, learning to dance Sevillanas, working on final projects and doing some last minute exploring. 

Seeing the final products of the drawing, ceramics, jewelry and photography classes was the highlight of the week. All the hard work definitely paid off. Their pieces were all one of a kind works of art. 

Today the students participated in a critique amongst themselves and then put on an exhibition of their work. Many people from CIEE as well as their instructors from the different workshops attended. Everyone was impressed by what they saw. 

Later we celebrated with a delicious lunch in a pizzeria and then visited a street with newly painted murals to end where we started, exploring Madrid through the arts. 

Now it’s time to rest up before the journey home tomorrow. It will surely be hard to part ways with our new friends and to leave Madrid after a great three weeks but, as they say, it’s never “adios” but “hasta luego”.

To these four amazing global discoverers: keep creating and exploring!!!