Daytrip to Cádiz!

Honors Spanish Language & Culture

This weekend, the students found themselves in Cádiz, the oldest city in Spain and a charming place full of history. A day trip to this historic city promises a delightful blend of history, culture, and sun-soaked relaxation.

As we arrived in the morning, the temperature perfect and the sky clear, the students were very excited for this activity, as it allowed them later to relax and bathe at the beach, being able to play some games with their friends or try the local cuisine.

The day started with a tour. It began at City Hall, giving some context about the history Cádiz has and what has happened at this very important city. Afterwards, they visited the Cathedral, an architectural masterpiece blending Baroque and Neoclassical styles, and its bell tower, being able to enjoy the views it has to offer. Later, it was time to check the Mercado Central de Abastos, a market where you can find a feast of typical Andalusian products, mainly fresh seafood, but it's also possible to have a tapa or even some pastries at the locals around the main market. After visiting the market, it was time to go to the beach!

At the beach, their Program Leaders organized some activities and games for the kids to enjoy, also leaving them the much needed time to enjoy the sun and the sea and the amazing weather. Even though they had a few hours of free time to visit the city or try some tapas, most of them stayed there. Then, we had to go to the buses to return to the city, and also be able to rest after such and intense but really fun day!