Daehak-ro, Garosu-gil, and a Boy With Luv!

K-Pop Immersion

Kym Mendez

Seoul Navigators spent some time exploring some new neighborhoods last week. High on the hilltops of Seoul, we went to a rooftop cafe located in the Ihwa Mural Village. With a beautiful view of the city and an ice cold drink after a steep walk, we spent some time painting cats on canvases.

Photo for blog post Daehak-ro, Garosu-gil, and a Boy With Luv!

After descending the hill, we spent some time in the Daehakro neighborhood, famous in Seoul for theater and the arts and home to Sunkkyungkwan University. We also visited this neighborhood when we learned how to play Nanta from the performers in our first week!

On our next free afternoon, we found ourselves on the other side of Seoul, in the fashionable district of Garosu-gil. Our first stop was a 5 story cafe with something for everyone! Massage chairs, board games, karaoke, comic books, and an arcade. We spent some time shopping here before heading home. 

Perhaps the most anticipated part of our week was learning a K-pop dance from a professional choreographer to the stars. We laughed and sweated and bounced along to BTS’ hit Boy With Luv.