My American Winter 2019 Photo Contest Highlights

Work Exchanges

We asked our winter Work & Travel USA participants to take photos of their time in the United States and share them with us. Submissions came in from winter communities all across the United States. Here we have rounded up some of our favorites - check them out!

Photo for blog post My American Winter 2019 Photo Contest Highlights
"This is a pic we took in one of our trips, in Emerald Bay, South Lake Tahoe. Where we had a great time. Amazing group of friends and amazing place to know. This work and travel has brought to me an incredible experience, get to know so much cultures and amazing people." - Dominga Lizana (Chile)
"Value of doing crazy thing when you are far from home. So why not? A picture of myself proclaiming officially done with school, held a mini convocation for myself, accompanied by a black bear with -30 degree celsius at the summit." - Hong Jian Tan (Malaysia)
"My Malaysians and Brazilian friends and I at Yosemite National Park, CA; place that was our home during the program and changed our lifes!" - Tamara Arrua (Malaysia)
"Riding with our American friends to the top of the highest chairlift of USA, Imperial, Breckenridge, Colorado" - Andres Curilemo (Chile)
"So grateful to have this opportunity to join the winter program to the USA under CIEE, allowing me to learn the American culture, meeting great people here and watching snow falls! This is my first ever skiing experience and I am so in love with this sports! Words definitely couldn’t describe how much joy and fun I have it here in this country! Once again, thank you CIEE and I love the USA!" - Zi Qi Khoo (Malaysia)
"My favorite trip on my exchange program: I went to Cape Elizabeth in Portland ME and I've never felt so much peaceful on my life. That place touch my heart and this picture can make you recognize that." - Lilian Cardoso (Brazil)
"When it comes down to it, it's pretty simple. Adventure is what you make it. And whether it's the travel, the discovery or just the feeling of letting go, the only way we'll ever find out is to get out there and do it. Enjoy the ride" - Mathias Fretes Besco (Paraguay)
"Blowing the snow from my american friends' driveway before going to blow the snow from the sidewalks and the neighbours' driveways so they can make it to their garages. I liked the big sense of community you can perceive in the american suburbs as they all know winter work is much easier if you have help. " - Diego Venegas Ocampo (Costa Rica)
"America got me dancing, literally. This country has become my personal injection of life. Life which is lived, not just observed. An authentic life - not the one that others try to sell to you. America helps me keep my self-confidence by daily reminding me how beautiful I am. I mean, no one ever misses a chance! First I just listened but eventually I had no choice, but believe them. still, I came back home to Lithuania. but the dancing Gintare remains in my heart. The one who feels beautiful and has courage to remind others they are too. I still carry America with me. And I choose to not let it fade" - Gintare Krutinyte (Lithuania)