Welcome to Toulouse!

French Language & Culture

Brian Herman

Welcome to la ville rose!

We are off to a great start! The first two days of our HSSA program in Toulouse were focused on settling in with our host families, receiving useful information from our local CIEE staff, and getting acquainted with Toulouse…our home for the next few weeks.

Today, we had our first French classes. After French class, students enjoyed lunch from several local establishments located a short walk from the CIEE study center. Students finished the day with a walking tour of Toulouse where they saw many of the interesting sights the city has to offer while learning French along the way. It’s amazing to see how fast everyone in the group has made friends.

This has been an exciting couple of days. And there’s so much more to come! Over the next few days, students will visit Carcasonne or Ariège (no trip to the south of France would be complete without visiting Carcasonne…a UNESCO World Heritage site). Thanks to perfect timing, our students arrived in France for La fête nationale (known at home as Bastille Day). What an amazing opportunity!

The CIEE Toulouse Program Leaders look forward to sharing the exciting things happening in our program with you!