Welcome To Paris!

Fashion Design & French Culture

Perry Kanov

This week, our Fashion Design & French Culture students arrived in Paris!

Some of us are still recovering from jetlag, but we're all so excited to be here!

Sunday afternoon was arrival day. The students arrived at the Charles De Gaulle Airport and took a shuttle back to their new home for the next three weeks in the lovely 13e of Paris. Each student has their own room with a beautiful courtyard view! 

Monday, students had orientation. As a little break, we had lunch at a local cafe, were students enjoyed a poulet-frites (chicken and fries) meal, followed by a traditional tarte tatin (French apple tart), before heading back for more orientation. Afterwards, the students were able to enjoy a croisiere dans la Seine (boat cruise on the Seine), where they were able to view many amazing Paris landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, The Musee D'Orsay, Notre Dame, and more! Afterwards, the students had free time to enjoy Paris with their new friends.

Tuesday was the first day of class for our students. They had an introductory course into Fashion Design & French Culture, as well as a Functional French course! Our excursion for the day was to the Atelier des Lumieres, where we were able to view the wonderful exhibition "Chagal: Paris - New York". Afterwards, they enjoyed free time again! 

Our students are adjusting very well to their Parisian lifestyle! They are well-equipped on using the Metro for their commute, visiting local boulangeries and supermarkets for meals, and using vocabulary words and context clues to communicate with Parisians.

Students are looking forward to this week's excursions and day trip, and are starting to bond with their fellow Global Navigators!