Welcome to Berlin!

Global Entrepreneurship

Bridget Corcoran

On Sunday morning, our students arrived in Berlin! To help combat jet lag, we had a busy first few days to keep everyone awake and moving until evening came.

After we arrived at CIEE Berlin, students got their room keys and got the chance to drop off their bags before heading out to lunch at a local restaurant. Afterward, students started orientation and got a tour of the CIEE Berlin building and dorms, learned how to use the German recycling system, and met some of the CIEE Berlin center staff. We also got a tour of the neighborhood and right away, students were excited to explore and started planning where they would visit during their free time. Students had pizza for dinner in the CIEE lobby before heading to bed early after a long travel day. 

Monday morning, students had breakfast together before continuing with orientation. Lunch was on their own- some students tried a nearby Indian restaurant, others tried a local kebap stand. After lunch, we traveled to the Brandenburg Gate to meet our tour guide for a tour of Berlin. Students got to see the Reichstag, the Soviet War Memorial Tiergarten, the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, Checkpoint Charlie, and more! After the tour, students went to the grocery store to pick up anything they needed. A large group of students decided to cook pasta together for dinner Monday night!