Welcome to Barcelona Session 2!!

Jacob Badin

Welcome everyone to the Barcelona Language & Culture program Session 2! During this session there will be 8 of us Program Leaders all sharing our day-to-day activities with you all!

After lots of paperwork and logistical needs being sorted and carried out, everyone made it here to Barcelona safe and sound! After getting some well needed rest on the first night, everyone took part in an online orientation for day 1.  After the orientation finished, the students were introduced to their Spanish teachers and then signed the language pledge that asks that they only speak in Spanish during the duration of their time here

Once everyone finished with the first day of classes, they were able to relax with some free time and got to eat dinner with their host families in order to get to know them better!

On Tuesday, everyone met at CIEE and got a tour of the surrounding neighborhood, Eixample. During and after the tour, the students and program leaders had prepared some ice breakers so that everyone could become more acquainted with one another. The students then had a bit of free time before they returned home to eat and prepare for class

Today, on Wednesday the 14th, all eight groups went out to explore the Gothic Quarters of Barcelona as well as the Ciutadella Park. Home to narrow streets, trendy stores and popular Catalan restaurants, this neighbourhood is a favorite of all people who visit Barcelona as it has a very distinct charm. Afterwards, we jumped on over to the Ciutadella park where we got to take some amazing photos of the monumental waterfall as well as a giant mammoth that is randomly placed in the middle of one of the city's largest green spaces.