Weekend in Dublin Cheering on the Boys in Blue

Global Entrepreneurship

Our group had a lovely weekend in Dublin visting the Irish Museum of Modern Art, the Dublin Maker Festival, a Gaelic football match in Croke Park, and a visit to the seaside town of Dún Laoghaire. 

To recap the weekend, I talked with our wonderful entrepreneurial student, Mike Hassen, about what left an impression on him. 

What was your favorite part of the weekend? 

My favorite part of the weekend was at the Gaelic football game. It was a unique experience watching a sport native to Ireland and seeing the sports culture evolve. I thought the first game between a Cork and a county in Northern Ireland was very close and entertaining. The second game between Dublin and a rural county was nice though it was a blowout and Dublin did a great job. Sporting culture in Ireland is something that is taken very serious by Irish people and it’s apart of their pride which was fun to watch during the game especially their version and commentary of the game. 

What did you like about the visit to Dún Laoghaire?

I really enjoyed the visit to Dún Laoghaire it was very fun and the food at the festival food was great. The majority of us had gone to an amusement park and it was very fun to go on bumper cars and just hit each other. The views were also great and overall it was just a great experience I really enjoyed the day there. 

If you had to describe your overall experience in Dublin in five words, what would you say? 

Unique, Fun, Knowledgeable, Memorable, Captivating

Mike is a rising senior from Queens, New York.