Viernes

Danielle Mason

Happy Friday everyone! It's hard to believe that we have already been here for almost a week! The digital filmmaking group has been busy over the last few days orienting themselves in Sevilla, improving their Spanish, and working hard in their film class.

Photo for blog post Viernes
The whole group during a debriefing session by the Templo Romano. 

A typical day for us will involve a cultural activity and possibly Spanish class in the morning, some free time to have lunch with our host families and work on school projects, and then three hours of film class in the afternoon. We have class from 5:45 - 8:45 PM to beat the heat of the afternoon as temperatures are rising close to 100 degrees here in southern Spain.

Photo for blog post Viernes
Learning outside with Carlos!
Photo for blog post Viernes
Lydia showing her first project in class.

Yesterday we had our first cultural activity and Spanish class. The students took a cooking class in which they learned about the origins of Spanish gastronomy and how to prepare two traditional dishes; salmorejo and tortilla de patatas. The chef that instructed the class was very impressed by how well everything turned out!  

Photo for blog post Viernes

Photo for blog post Viernes

Photo for blog post Viernes

Today we had another Spanish class and attended a training on Bystander Intervention which aims to prepare students to look out for each other while they are studying abroad. This evening we will have class and then rest up for our trip to Cadiz!

Photo for blog post Viernes
Improv activity after today's traning with Caroline, our other group leader, in the park. 

Thanks for reading!

-Danielle