Tous Ensemble, Tous Ensemble, Hey, Hey!

Alexis Savas

Our Global Navigators just got home from an amazing night at the Belgium-Costa Rica football (soccer) game!  The trilingual chants were going strong all evening, and our students could not help but chant along in French to "TOUS ENSEMBLE TOUS ENSEMBLE, HEY, HEY".  These little chants are quite catchy and a great way to get into the spirit of the game with some very boisterous locals.

We were also able to eat at the stadium, which is very different than stadiums in the US. There are food trucks set up around the perimeter of the stadium, and before you order, you have to get tokens with which you trade for your meal choices.  There were several Belgiam specialty food trucks available, including the famous Belgian fries with sauce of your choice.

Several students went to the hypermarché earlier today and were ready with jerseys, fan t-shirts, face paint and more in order to be ready to cheer on the Belgium Red Devils.  Luckily, Belgium defeated Costa Rica 4-1 in their last friendly match before they head to Russia for the World Cup 2018.

After a great evening, our students headed back to the hostel on a series of bus, tram, metro... they are getting to be quite the pros at using public transportation here in Brussels!

We have a big day coming up tomorrow as our students not only start their Model UN class, but also compete in a scavenger hunt around the city center.

Alexis and Sarah, Program Leaders