Student Post: Cecilia

Honors French Language & Culture

Emma Butler

Bonjour! My name is Cecilia and I’m a rising senior in high school. I found out about the Rennes program through my college counselor and I’m so happy she found it for me! This program has been such an amazing experience for me! I’ve gotten to do so many things that I never would have been able to do without CIEE. Being able to learn French by being in France and getting to experience the language and culture from a “native” not tourist point of view is something I’m so grateful for. While we did visit touristic places like Mont St. Michel (stunning) I also had the opportunity to experience daily life in Rennes with my host family. My host family is what really made my experience here in Rennes so awesome! They welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like a part of their family from the moment I arrived here in Rennes! They also challenged me every day to speak French and cheered me on with every improvement I made. I truly will never forget the people and especially the memories I made here in Rennes! It truly was the experience of a lifetime!