Smiles in Singapore

Global Entrepreneurship

Sara Garrett

It has been one full week since students arrived in Singapore and I have been overjoyed to see the smiles on their faces throughout this time. This group of twelve has a fun positive energy that has remained constant throughout our first seven days.

Expectedly, students enjoyed themselves at the Sentosa Skyline Luge and Universal Studios Singapore. But some of the biggest smiles tend to appear in the smaller moments and aren’t always to be expected from looking at the program itinerary.

Students smile when they discover a new favorite drink (or get their daily fix of boba).

Students smile when they make familiar jokes back and forth.

Students smile when they use their functional Mandarin Chinese in conversations with new people.

Students smile when they spend an afternoon in the pool.

Students smile when they weave their reflection time into a game of evening volleyball.

Students smile when they successfully come in under their spending budget for the week.

Students smile when they get to use their hand held fans (a declared must have from students).

Students smile when they buy presents to take home to friends and family.

Students smile when they see their favorite MRT characters Give-Way Glenda and Stand-Up Stacey on the trains.

Students smile when they turn the correct way when getting off the hotel elevator.

Students smile when they play Clash of Clans on the bus ride back to the hotel.

Students smile big and they smile often.