A second week of adventures: check!

Samantha McCartney

The second week in Brussels was nothing short of exciting! Students participated in a waffle workshop, where they learned how to make true Belgian waffles from scratch. The workshop was all you can eat, and one of our students even attempted to beat the waffle workshop's record of the most waffles eaten (which is 9 by the way). Visits to the Amnesty International office inspired fantastic dialogues around the world's current issues surrounding human rights. 

Other weekly activities inclkuded survival Dutch and French classes, and tour of the Magritte Museum! Taron and I encouraged students to participate in our "tableau vivant" (living painting) contest, where they would recreate one of the paintings of Rene Magritte. Winners to be announced on Monday ;)

Yesterday's excursion to Bruges brought beautiful weather, which made our bike tour even more enjoyeable. We passed through the tiny village of Damme, where there are currently only about 350 inhabitants! Biking through the Belgian countryside is an experience to be remembered for sure.

Today is the free day, so students are makign the best of the Fete de la Musique in Brussels, where there are free concerts happening all around the city (pics to come!).

As we enter into the final week in Brussels, we'll be sure to keep you posted on all of the exciting things happening with our World Government students!

All the best,

Samantha