Scenes and Las Setas

Avery Stern

Hola todos!

It's already Thursday here and the Ditigal Filmaking and Documentary students are exploring the city with gusto. Yesterday, after a breakfast of cafe con leche y postres, students walked to The Plaza de España to learn about the history and architecture of the space. Then they trekked into the nearby park for a surprise crafting project: handmade camers constructed from shoeboxes, paint, tinfoil, and wax paper. Carlos, their film teacher, engaged them with stories of primitive filmmaking and then inspired them to study the sombre (shadows) of the park, the same way the early artists learned to capture photos with limited tools. 

After a much needed siesta, we headed out for a tour of Sevilla and got a better sense of the labrynx-esque city. Did you know that the Macarena was inspired by the area?! That was one of many fun facts we learned about on our journey from the river to Las Setas. Once we arrived at the mangificant wooden umbrella, we took an elevator up and watched the sun set over the vibrant and bustling city. 

Today we headed out to explore the local flea market and film the local vendors sell all sorts of oddities and wonders. But I'll save the details for next time! Hasta luego.