Scavenger Hunt: The Medina Challenge

Arabic Language & Moroccan Culture

Hajar EL Yaaqoubi

Today’s lesson was about directions. Our students were taught how to ask and give directions. After their usual classes, they took part in an into the community activity where they were challenged to find a mosque near the study center. Our students had to ask random people from the street about the way to the mosque. They eventually found the way to their destination successfully and the winners got candy bars. 
Rabat has an old, maze-like Medina which was the perfect place for a scavenger hunt activity. This part of town is the oldest. It has the most famous and popular markets and shopping streets in Rabat. Different kinds of clothes, shoes, leather, jewelry, handicrafts, carpets,  and many other Moroccan items can be found here. We believe our students were ready to be immersed in such place, apply what they have learned to complete the tasks required from them and win the challenge. 
After we finished the challenge and announced the winner, they chose to buy Moroccan jerseys to support the Moroccan team tomorrow. They were excited for the soccer game against Portugal.