Pottery class

Brendan Brown

Chinese pottery is the biggest and most recognizable part of Chinese culture. With that in mind, our cultural adventure has now led us to pottery class. Students attempted to make beautiful vases on a turning wheel and used their magnificent art expertise’s to create beautiful works of Chinese like ceramics.

Not only were we enlightened by the many talented artists, but we were blessed with the opportunity to paint on ceramic plates. it was a bit messy, yet we all had fun.  At the same time learned so much more about an entity that affects how we look at the culture of china, and how such beautiful works of arts could be processed and preserved to today.

A large majority of us could not successfully complete the skill of pottery sculpting, but there were some that had succeeded. Our plates were a wide range of different art styles; this ranges from beautiful Chinese traditional landscapes, to a modern day Peppa Pig. Many people shined with beautiful plates and were able to share their abilities to the group. All of us had a smile on our faces and used the mishaps as fun memories that we will never forget. I truly had an amazing experience, and I hope that the next group will have just as much, or more fun.