Port Vendres : Where in the world were the Session 2 Toulousers?

Rebecca Ebling

This past weekend, students took a bus down to the quaint fisherman's town in Southern France of Port Vendres. The catch (aha!)? No wifi for those who stayed in the hostel (all powered by solar electricity, by the way! Go environment!). So, if you hadn't heard from your kids the past few days, it was a combination of a) not having the means and b) having way too much fun with their fellow students!

Half of the students stayed at a hotel, and half were in the solar-powered gite with our lovely host, Paul. This hostel values community-style living, so many students helped Paul prepare things for dinner and clean up after activities. Paul was sure to then also help those students with their French by leading conversations and teaching them some very useful vocabulary!

Throughout the weekend, there was a lot of free time for the kids to go explore the area, and a lot of big hits! Students participated in many, if not all, of the following activities!

• Hiking (a true sporty hike!) to the village of Paulille for a beautiful beach day
  • Enjoying a diabolo (limonade with flavored syrup... so delicious)
  • Swimming in the Mediterranean to cool off
  • Getting up early to go for a morning run to watch the sunrise off of the lighthouse dock
  • Dancing at the American Party that the town holds every year (square dancing and country music!)
  • Strolling the port at night with a gelato
  • Touring the Royal Chateau in Collioure
  • Shopping at the local marchés
  • Drinking endless amounts of water to stay hydrated
  • Touring Port Vendres with a quiz-style tour at night
  • Observing the lunar eclipse 

Students are back safely in Toulouse in their last week before we all head back to the States! Enjoy the beautiful photos!! Stay tuned for more photos to come!