Parting Thoughts - A Student Point of View

Australian Wildlife Conservation From Land to Sea

Ellen Renard

This Blog was written by one of our students, Emily Vu!

Summary of what the CIEE program was like?

Embarking on the CIEE Sydney Australia program was an absolute blast! From the moment I stepped foot in this incredible city, everything felt like an exhilarating adventure. First off, let me tell you about the amazing staff and classmates. They were the coolest bunch ever, and together, we formed an unbreakable bond. My initial jitters melted away as soon as I joined the group, surrounded by friendly faces and a sense of security.  The most awe-inspiring part of this journey was learning about the incredible conservation efforts in Australia. We snorkeled with fascinating underwater creatures, fed kangaroos and wallabies up close, and went on breathtaking hikes in the beautiful blue mountains. And the beaches, like Bondi, Coogee, and the Northern beaches, were absolutely stunning. But that's not all! We also explored museums, immersing ourselves in art, history, and culture. And who could forget our exciting trips to Centennial Park ponds, where we collected data to test water purity? It felt like we were real scientists, and it was both thrilling and eye-opening. And finally, we had the privilege of witnessing the mesmerizing Yuldea Dance, a performance that showcased the rich culture and struggles of the Aboriginal people. It left me in awe. Overall, I feel enlightened, empowered, and bursting with gratitude for the person I've become. I hope that anyone who embarks on their own study abroad journey feels the same incredible transformation and carries the memories with them forever. Cheers to new horizons and endless possibilities!