Parlons avec des ados français!

Tracy Gallo

During week 3 of the 4 week program, the PARIS students had an opportunity to meet with some local French teens! What an amazing opportunity! During their OZ en français (dare to use your French) time, students walked to a nearby community center to meet and talk with some French teens. It was wonderful to see them engage and interact with each other right away. They could talk about whatever they wanted, but the American students had to pose questions and answer questions in French while the French students had to pose questions and answer questions in English! After 30 minutes of getting to know each other, many students exchanged social media info and now they are following each other. This was a great activity that allowed the students to be themselves and learn what life is like for a teen in France. The program director, JP, hopes to include more activities with local French teens in future programs after seeing how much the students loved this activity. Who knows, maybe a bateau-mouche ride together on the Seine to start things off next year!