Paris Vous Aime!

French Language & Culture

Tracy Gallo

Seventy-nine American students are getting ready to embark on the adventrue of a lifetime in the City of Lights! These students are from various states and all have one thing in common, a love for the French language and culture. For the next month, the students will be staying with host families (les familles d'acceuil), improving their French conversation skills, vocabulary, and cultural understanding. They will attend French classes for 3 hours each day, Monday-Friday, they will embark on two weekend excursions, this weekend to Sceaux (a smaller village outside of Paris with a beautiful castle), next weekend to the city of Lille, and each day before or after their classes they will go to a variety of cultural sites in Paris. This group gets to experience something special this session, on Friday they will be celebrating Bastille Day with their host families! Bastille Day is the equivalent to our Independence Day. The fireworks over the Eiffel Tower are a sight to see, unlike no other! This will be a month full of new experiences, new foods, and new friendships.