Nous sommes arrivés!

Elaina Loyd

We have all arrived in Paris, and we're beginning to settle in to what our next month will be like. Below is a schedule of the many things we have accomplished in just a few days here in Paris. 

On Sunday, all students arrived from the plane and went directly to their host families! Despite having jetlag, connections were already being formed between students and host families. We had a brief orientation via Zoom to help us prepare for the first day and off to bed we went. 

Monday we dove headfirst into our orientation and training. We began with another Zoom orientation in the morning (who can beat orientation in pajamas!) Then, students made their way to the Institut Catholique which is located in the beautiful Saint-Germain-des-Prés district. Students were then treated to a lunch at the famous Deux Magots restaurant. Les Deux Magots is a cafe and restaurant were famous thinkers such as Simone de Beauvoir, Picasso, Hemingway, James Joyce, and Jean-Paul Sartre spent their time. We enjoyed a delicious lunch with dessert. 

Then, we finished the day with the remaining meetings for our orientation. Students took a language level test to help determine their correct language level, and to meet our wonderful French teachers. Today, Tuesday, students have their first full day in class with cultural excursions this afternoon. 

Learn French-

jetlag- décalage d'horaire

host family- famille d'acceuil

lunch- déjeuner