The Monkey King

Ting Li

Photo for blog post The Monkey King

Today, we watched a classic Chinese cartoon movie-THE MONKEY KING!The Monkey King is a classic  Chinese cultural image related to an ancient Chinese literature "Journey to the West" which is one of the four great Chinese master pieces.The film, in the form of mythology, presents the legendary experience of the protagonist sun wukong in a concentrated and prominent way through the story of sun wukong's rebellion against heaven and the dragon palace.I love this movie so much!

Photo for blog post The Monkey King

Photo for blog post The Monkey King
Also, I’ll be talking about my weekend adventure with my friends to the Shanghai Tower, Shanghai’s tallest building and the 2nd tallest building in the world.Student discounts rock! We got in for significantly cheaper than an adult ticket! The elevator we rode was the fastest elevator in the world! We felt our ears pop on the way up and the way down. It took less than 15 seconds each trip.

Photo for blog post The Monkey King

Photo for blog post The Monkey King

Photo for blog post The Monkey King

At the top, we could see over the top of the Bottle Opener building. Other “sky scrapers”  don’t compare to the Shanghai Tower. Although it was smoggy, it was an amazing view. Buildings seemed so far away, the view was surreal. Before we left, we got a free picture!

Photo for blog post The Monkey King
This trip is passing too quickly!

Photo for blog post The Monkey King

Photo for blog post The Monkey King

Jacquline Ruan (San Francisco, Lowell High School)