Moments Captured

Cassidy Ott

As we have reached the halfway point of Session 2 here in sunny Alicante, we've asked some students to stop and reflect on some of their favorite memories thus far. At this point in the program, we've done a whole lot of "out of our comfort zone" things. Ranging from climbing castles, to talking to locals every day, to whipping up our very own authentic tapas, and even to playing in waterfalls- the activities haven't fallen short of exciting! We figured we could tell you all about it, but then again the stories are best told by the ones experiencing it all- our very own participants. Without further ado- the most memorable parts of Alicante, Spain's Session 2:

"When I played board games with my host family the first week. It was fun and helped me feel more comfortable" -Tracy

"I liked seeing the similarites between my own culture and Spain's" -Melanie

"I liked having interesting conversations with my host mom's grandson about the contrasts between the cultures in Spain and United States" -Nathalia

"My favorite activity was going to El Campello when our original plans changed and we ended up eating icecream on the beach" -Youssef

"I feel proud of all I've learned and how much better my Spanish has gotten since being here. I believe going to class every morning has been beneficial" -Yanela

"We've really enjoyed all the time we've spent with our friends and other students in the program. We loved spending more time with them and getting to know the city" -Abigail, Scarleth, Slyvia, and Fanta

"One of my favorite moments was having a conversation on the tram with a little girl, I enjoyed meeting someone new from the community" -Patricia

"When I finally felt comfortable having an entire conversation with my host family" -Luke