Living and Collaborating in Dublin!

Global Entrepreneurship

Hilary Fuller

One of the amazing things about our Global Navigators program is how much the students are pushed outside their comfort zones. For the majority of them, this is the first opportunity to travel abroad, live in a new environment and spend time away from their family. One of our GE participants, Luisa Villalobos, shared her experience of dorm living and making friends here in Dublin.

"The second night of the trip, there were about 15 people in the shared kitchen of my 6-person dorm complex. We spent a lot of time together playing cards, listening to music, talking, and snacking. It was a lot of fun, and it set a lively tone for the trip. The one thing I had not anticipated was the need to work together and organize chores for the dorm. We are in charge of keeping the kitchen clean and making sure everyone contributes. Otherwise, the kitchen turns into a nightmare!

One of the best things about this trip so far has been the goodwill between all of the students, and the maturity we’ve all been able to reach in reference to conflicts or any awkwardness between us. 

The entire group has made an active push towards getting along with each other, and so many of us have been happily surprised about the connections we’ve been able to form with each other in such a short amount of time. Finding solutions to minor problems we’ve had has been a big part of the last week and I can personally say that my communication skills have grown in the short time I've known these people."

Thanks Luisa!