Let the Classes Begin!

Ryan Lopez

And we're off! 

We are so lucky to have two great teachers leading our students in the classroom. We have Tamara, who is a native to Mallorca and has been teaching Spanish to students from the United States for longer than a decade now. In the other classroom is Laura, who has a lot of teaching experience as well and is a native to Mallorca. Everyone arrived on time to class at the university building located in Palma called Sa Riera. After class ended, the students went directly into our activity (ITC) which makes the city of Palma our classroom. The students get the opportunity to interact with locals in the streets and put to use the vocabulary and grammar that they learned in the classroom. The kids did a great job, and met some very interesting people! 

After our much needed siesta, we met in the Plaza de España to take the local city bus to one of the most popular beaches within the city of Palma. For most, it was our first experience swimming in the Mediterranean! It was a great way to end our first day of classes.