Le Humanlab

Honors French Language & Culture

Emily Thomas

Humanlab is a digital manufacturing lab that helps design and manufacture items that help people with special challenges in their daily life.  Humanlab's mission is to provide individuals with disabilities a collabortive space and digital resources to help them create objects to meet their specific needs.  These object range from things like small household items to help children with autism learn household tasks to mobility assistance devices and prosthetics.  They also help create items to make sports and games accessible to people with physical limitations.  While there are a lot of items already on the market to meet these needs, they are often too expensive. Humanlab offers a more accessible and affordable alternative. 

Photo for blog post Le Humanlab

The students were very interested  and asked poignant questions about the types of projects they are working on and the people they help.  At the end of our time there we debriefed with the students who shared their thoughts about the Humanlab and the things they learned.

Photo for blog post Le Humanlab