First Week In Paris!

Fashion Design & French Culture

Madeleine Walwik

This week, our students arrived on Sunday and were taken by bus to our Tolbiac Residence. On Monday, we rode the Paris metro to our beautiful campus at the Institut Catholique de Paris for the first time. After a nice lunch at a nearby French restaurant, we finished our orientation. We took a boat ride along the Seine and were finally able to see the Eiffel Tower, as well as the many Bridges along the river. There are 37 bridges in total, however, we were only able to see a few. Following the boat ride, we had free time to explore the city for the first time and eat a delicious French dinner. 

Tuesday starts the first normal day of classes. We were able to get a quick breakfast at the boulangerie around the corner from the residence before catching the metro to class. Our Fashion Professor has started with the history of fashion which will be followed by a placement for Functional French class which we will have on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Later today, we are going to the Atelier des Lumieres!