First day of orientation!

Morgane Bunz

Today, the program really started for our global navigators since yesterday was a holiday in France. Divided up in 4 different groups (A, B, C, D), they learned about the program components and schedule, got to know each other, toured the neighborhood and took their French language placement test. Oh, and they also received their phones (really basic) that they thought were really funny! It was a busy, rainy, cold day but they were great and we all had a great time together. They walked up to some strategic places of the neighborhood and went up to the Garonne River, where we all by chance had the same picture idea. Each group had one student who was picked to be the guide using only the tourist map. None of them got lost so it was a success! Back at the Institut Catholique, students shared some funny things with their groups about their first day in their host families and realized some of the surprising things about cultural differences ( we heard an interesting story about toilets!). It was a full day but prepared them well for their first French class tomorrow!