Embracing Berlin!

Global Entrepreneurship

Sara Garrett

Over the past two weeks students have embraced their time in Berlin and in their program. They have independently sought out opportunities in Berlin, participated in optional activities organized by their program leaders, and fostered friendships with their fellow students. Everyday their excitement is apparent. Together students have explored new places, tried new foods, gotten lost on public transportation, and bonded at G27 through communal living. While living in dorms is not glamorous, students have enjoyed cooking food together, playing games, and relaxing in the common spaces.

Outside of G27, students have visited plenty of museums and art exhibits, found some great items while thrifting, beat the heat at the lakes and pools, discovered the best places for ice cream, and eaten some delicious food all over the city. This past week students visited the Olympic Stadium for a swim, experienced Berlin culture and cooled off from the heat at Strandbad Plotzensee, enjoyed the Dark Matter light, audiovisual and interactive art installations exhibit, went mini golfing, and spent Sunday bouncing around to several of the city's flea markets.

It is great to see students participating in optional program activities, but more so it is fun to hear about all of the things they do and find on their own!