Collersola Park and Tibidabo Amusement Park

Spenser Gilchrist

Last weekend we had our first Saturday excursion. The morning began with a bus ride to Collserola Park, a large forested area that sits just west of Barcelona. Here, we met a few scientists who needed our help in cracking a code to save the planet. We raced against the clock as we hunted for clues throughout the park. Once we found each clue, we tackled a challenge that revealed a portion of our needed code. We identified flora, put together puzzles, and even created our own make-shift compass! Thanks to our ingenuity and teamwork, we were able to decipher the code and prevent imminent world destruction.

After an eventful morning of saving the planet, we boarded the bus and departed for our next destination—Tibidabo Amusement Park. Before entering the amusement park and hitting the rides, we listened to a brief history of the Tibidabo Temple. It was thrilling to finally visit the temple after having seen it from downtown Barcelona for the previous two weeks. We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the small, historic amusement park with its various rides and breathtaking views.