Classroom Life

Global Entrepreneurship

Joseph Dorion

When our Global Navigators were choosing where it was they wanted to go it is possible that the ultimate choice came down to the most exotic location that they could think of.  From Dublin to Madrid and beyond the choices were plentiful and each place would surely offer a unique experience that would always be remembered.  For those students that were lucky enough to come to Dublin, they were treated to one of the most vibrant cities in Europe.  More importantly, they were given the opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the entrepreneurial game on a day to day basis.

Photo for blog post Classroom Life
The First Day of Class as our Global Navigators got Familiar with One Another
Photo for blog post Classroom Life
Program Director Martin helps students become familiar with their new home

For their three-week-long program, our students would be learning various business and marketing tactics and skills such as customer engagement, ad design, and business strategy to just name a few.  Their class time in the morning was split into two parts.  First was the explanation of some of the more theoretical aspects of the course by their instructor, Ian.  For the latter half, they were then in their project groups where they discussed how best to go about accomplishing the tasks given to them.  Their first project was to help a local Dublin football club analyze its marketing and outreach and look for ways to improve it.  Their second task was to design a shirt company from the ground up and then pitch their idea to some of our business moguls.

Photo for blog post Classroom Life
Hunter and Professor Ian engage in a lively discussion about a business topic

The students were hands-on in every assignment that they received and were continually asking questions to ensure that they were making the most of class time.  You wouldn't have been wrong for assuming that this was a college level business class if you happened to walk in one day.  It sure looks like a bright future for all of our Global Navigators if they choose to go into business!

Photo for blog post Classroom Life
Rome, Alex, Juan, and Whit discuss one of the business topics in class