Centro Cultural Recoleta & ¡Feliz cumpleaños!

Spanish Language & Argentinian Culture

Kendra Fisher

On Saturday afternoon, students enjoyed a variety of milanesas at El Club de la Milanesa. Before heading off to Centro Cultural Recoleta, we celebrated Libbey's birthday with a card, a song, and some chocolate!

After a brief stop in the famous Recoleta Cementary, we made our way to the Centro Cultural Recoleta and where our senses were inundated with visual and performing arts. We walked along the corrridor that showcased 'Tomamos el paraíso' and the growing feminist movement that is alive and well in Buenos Aires. Students stopped to draw, explore textile art pieces, and watch in wonder as break dancers busted a move. We entered a soundstage and sat on cushions on the ground as we watched a young Argentine artist perform covers of songs in English and Spanish. After enjoying about five songs, we meandered out and found another area with a DJ and a couple of dancers. This ended up being the spot where we spent the majority of the afternoon as all students showed off their dance moves, inspiring a dance battle between two talented Argentine dancers. 

Our visit to Centro Cultural Recoleta was a lot of fun and a great taste of all the different types of art students can find here in Buenos Aires!