Celebrating Independence & Language Exchange

Spanish Language & Argentinian Culture

Kendra Fisher

Happy 4th of July! 

Students took the STAMP test today, a web-based test that will measure their proficiency in Spanish. It has been great to see the growth in students in their speaking abilities during our community conversations. Their results from the STAMP test will give them something concrete to see how much they have grown by comparing their scores before the program and at the end of the program. 

During a break in the test, students were surprised by some 4th of July "fireworks" (candles) and donuts. We sang the National Anthem together and then enjoyed the sweets!

In the afternoon, students had the chance to meet Argentine adolescents that are learning English. In alternating fifteen minute blocks, students talked in groups about a wide variety of topics in Spanish and English. What a great opportunity to learn more about Argentina and meet the locals!

Tomorrow students will have their final presentations and a celebratory dinner to close out the program. On Saturday we will be saying 'chao chao' to Buenos Aires and flying back home! ¡Gracias por todo, Argentina y CIEE!