Canoë ou Kayak? An afternoon on the Canal d'Ille-et-Rance

Honors French Language & Culture

Sophie Cowley

This afternoon, after a pique-nique in the park, the students discovered another beautiful part of Rennes, the canal d'Ille-et-Rance.

Canal pic

After meeting the activity leader and learning the basics of kayaking the students went to get their boats, paddles and life jackets.

Asher

You should have heard the laughs, the cries of surprise when the cool water was sprayed on each other.  You could also hear a group singing songs while happily sliding along the water. It's always so rewarding to see adolescents interacting with each other in wholesome outdoor activities.

picnic

As we are in our last week of the program we can already hear comments such as :"I'm gonna miss you!" or "I'm so glad I met you!" and especially "what's your instagram account? Let's stay in touch!"

Tuesday

When someone spends a month in a foreign country with a group of strangers (at first) there is a special connection that will impact their life for the better. 

At CIEE we not only support language learning but we also give opportunities to broaden one's horizon and develop healthy social and emotional skills.

paddling