Botanical Gardens

Global Entrepreneurship

Joseph Dorion

Our Global Navigators sure have been busy over the past few weeks.  Whether it be in the classroom, traversing the country, or growing close with one another they have been hard at work regardless of what the task was that was set before them.  So as to make sure that everyone is able to remain on top of their game some students have started ordering salads instead of fries with our dinners.  Others have taken to playing pickup games of soccer or going for runs around our local park.  For those looking for an opportunity to get in touch with nature and perhaps find a spot to reflect on all that we've done we had the chance to visit the famous Dublin Botanical Gardens.

Photo for blog post Botanical Gardens
One of many furry friends that could be found in the Gardens

The National Botanical Garden is a welcome reprieve in the bustling city.  Located only twenty minutes away from campus it offers a truly stunning collection of plant life through its numerous greenhouses and horticulture exhibitions.  With numerous green areas and peaceful alcoves, students were able to stretch out and soak up some sun.  Adjacent to the parks in Glasnevin Cemetery, final resting to place to some of the most important people in both Dublin and Irish history.  For the more historically inclined one is able to walk through the graves and monuments; it is an opportunity to trace the history of Dublin through the various monuments and churches scattered throughout the cemetery.  

Photo for blog post Botanical Gardens
Jordanne, Emily, and Kathleen take the chance to pose for a photo shoot in the Garden
Photo for blog post Botanical Gardens
One of the Greenhouses students had the chance to explore

After a few hours to work on their tans, take a nap, or just wander around exploring everyone left the park with big smiles.  Equipped with buoyed spirits and a fresh vigor our Global Navigators looked forward to tackling the last week of class as well as to further outings where they could some more outdoor spaces.  Looks like some students may be going home with a green thumb!

Photo for blog post Botanical Gardens
O'Connell Tower, the final resting place of Daniel O'Connell who was instrumental in Dublin politics in the 1800's