¡Bienvenidos a Buenos Aires!

Spanish Language & Argentinian Culture

Ellie Haizlett

Since their early arrival on Sunday morning, students have been busy acclimating to Buenos Aires. Students completed two days of orientation where they gained valuable insight about life in the city and got to know one another and their teachers, host parents, and program leaders. On their first day, students engaged in a scavenger hunt around the CIEE center, which is located in a beautiful three story building with a patio, balcony, and student lounge. They also tried local foods such as empanadas and learned a few gestures and vocabulary words unique to Buenos Aires.

On Tuesday, students attended their first day of classes in the morning, followed by a catered lunch, and afternoon excursion into the city. They participated in a bus tour with a private guide who revealed some historical and key sites of the city. Students watched the changing of the guard outside of the presidential palace (la Casa Rosada), as well as learned about the modern bridge "Puente de la Mujer" by Calatrava, a world famous architect. Students also caught their first views of the canals and explored an art and food market called San Termo. Stay tuned for updates on our daily activities!