Beach Day in Cádiz

Spanish Language & Culture

Justine Royer

¡Hola, buenas!

This weekend we had an amazing time touring and soaking up the sun in the ancient city of Cádiz!

We started our day with a quick tour around the city, which is said to be one of the oldest in Europe. The city of Cádiz was founded over 3,000 years ago, and our estudiantes were able to appreciate some of that history thanks to our wonderful tour guides. We visited the cathedral and climbed all the way to the top of the tower to take in the views.

Las vistas were breathtaking! 

Once we finished admiring the city and the sea from above, we went below the earth into the crypt of the cathedral. This was a new and eye-opening experience for several of our students, and helped convey much about the importance of Catholic religion and tradition in Spanish culture.

After the cathedral, we strolled through the Mercado Central to check out all the different kinds of fresh produce and seafood that can be bought. 

Then, after the mercado, there was some much-anticipated free time at the beach. Cádiz is a very popular vacation spot among Andalucians, and for good reason! Our chicos made the most of a couple hours of sun and sand before hopping back on the bus to Sevilla.

¡Hasta la próxima!