The Adventure Begins

Spanish Language & Argentinian Culture

Cailey Oehler

Saludos desde Buenos Aires! We have certainly had an eventful start to our program with many flight changes and we have been so appreciative of everyone's patience and flexibility, skills that will serve them well on program and beyond. We are excitedly awaiting the arrival of the remainder of our group to continue with our orientation activities and for everyone to meet their host families! Those participants who have arrived so far have enjoyed a delightful lunch (followed by supremely tasty Argentinian ice cream which is often compared to Italian gelato for its wonderful texture) and the first session of orientation hosted by CIEE Buenos Aires staff here in our hotel. For those who are still en route: no worries; this session will be repeated for you and you won't miss out on any of the helpful information. We closed our day with a delicious typical dinner at a nearby restaurant and are going to rest up to receive the rest of our group and to dive into our first action-packed and fun-filled first week of programming. Once everyone is together we'll get some lovely group photos, and for now here's a poorly-lit snapshot from our enormous family-style seating arrangement for dinner!