Adrenaline, fantasy and fun: welcome to Cinecittà World!

Italian Language & Culture

Ilaria Minosse

The long-awaited day has finally arrived! It's Saturday and we are already at the end of the second week of the program, and what better way to end this week than at an amusement park? Finally some fun and relaxation, to escape the heat of Rome and cool off in the pools and water games! 
The kids couldn't wait to leave, they were super excited. 

After resting on the bus during our one hour drive, we arrived at Cinecittà World, the cinema amusement park that is located just outside Rome and features 40 attractions and 6 shows a day. It has something to offer for people of all ages so you certainly can't be bored here! In addition to the amusement park, there is the newly opened "Aqua world" water park. 
After taking a group photo to have the memory of this beautiful experience, the kids had the chance to immerse themselves in the "Far West" , and the areas of "antica Roma" by passing through Cinecittà Street, surrounded by buildings of 1920s New York. Some headed to Spaceland and others to AdventureLand (these are the park's various themed areas). 
Without a doubt, the most adrenaline inducing ride was the roller coaster, everyone who tried it was speechless! And breathless...
When lunch time came, there was a need to recover some energy, some enjoyed a good burger in the Far West area and others a fresh poke in the Aqua World area. A little rest, and ready to get back on the rides! 
After lunch, many kids relaxed in the pool and the lazy river on top of a very comfortable round donut that carried you through the waves of the river. Around 3:30 p.m. group dancing started in the pool, very fun! The bravest ones went to Dante's Inferno or the Horror House, others took the Cine- Tour in the film exhibition, where there are reconstructions and sets used in many famous movies such as "Frankestein", "E.T." and "Cleopatra".
For those who wanted to cool off but have fun at the same time, there were the "tronchi," a kind of wagon on two wheels that went up and down at full speed on the water, refreshing those on top!

We would have liked to stay longer, but 5 p.m. came and our driver was on his way, so here the kids gather near the exit to go home and rest: tomorrow is Sunday and you can sleep in! 
It was a beautiful day where the students were free to have fun, rest, swim in the pool and share so many emotions together! We PLs and chaperones were really happy to be part of this experience and to see our students so happy!